1. How big is your tank: 10 gallons
2. For how long has the tank been set up: 3 months
3. How many fish: 3
4. What kinf of fish: 1 small common goldfish and 2 small comets
5. What are the water parameters: Ammonia.........not sure
6. How often do you perform water changes: Once a week or so.
7. How big are your waterchanges: 70%
8. What kind of waterconditioner are you using: Stress Coat +
9. Do you add beneficial bacteria: No
10. Symptoms your fish is showing: Loss of color and scales around head, pinkish appearence around head.
11. Since when does your fish show these symptoms: A week or so. Less than 3 weeks.
12. How is the normal behaviour of your fish: Active, erect fins, eats a little. Picks on my Common goldfish a bit sometimes.
13. How do the other fish behave: Active, erect fins, eating well, good colors.
14. Post pics of the sick fish:
15. Do you have a filter on your tank, what kind, how big (gallons per hour) Aqua Clear 20. 100 GPH
16. Do you provide extra aeration with an air pump and air stone/diffuser of some kind. No.
I've noticed recently that my sarasa comet, Curly, does'nt look as good as he use to. He's lost almost all the orange color on him and what's left is'nt as bright. I've also noticed some pinkish coloration on and around his head. He seems to be acting fine and I just cleaned the gravel which always results in a 70% water change. I know my tank is small, but there's not much I can do about it at the moment. Is there anything I can do for Curly? What could be wrong with him and could it be contagious? Is he going to die?
He looks ill. This is Moe all over again....
Here's pictures of Curly, the top one is of him when I first got him. The second is of him a couple months later. Last one of him now. He does't look like the same fish.
My friend who grew up around fish says this looks unheard of unless he's had his butt beat by another fish. :/ But no one picks on Curly, Curly does the bullying. But he's not missing any scales on his body except his head. Even my friend said he's never seen such a change in appearence. If he does live, will he ever look the same again?