Hi! Any suggestions, tips, or knowledge about this would be greatly appreciated!
1. How big is your tank: ~25 Gal
2. For how long has the tank been set up: 9 months
3. How many fish: 4 (I know the tank is too small.
working on getting a bigger tank setup.)
4. What kind of fish: feeder/goldfish
5. What are the water parameters:
Ammonia = 0
Nitrite = 0
Nitrate = 0
Ph = 7-7.5
Temp = 20C
6. How often do you perform water changes: almost weekly. Sometimes a few days late.
7. How big are your waterchanges: 25-30%
8. What kind of waterconditioner are you using: Nutrafin aqua plus. Sometimes API stresscoat
9. Do you add beneficial bacteria: every 1-2 water changes
10. Symptoms your fish is showing: they seem to be swimming around and bumping into things (glass, plants, each other). It was dark when I got home, I had no lights on and when turning on the lights they didn't seem to see me. I fed them, but they didn't swim to the surface to eat. They just hovered the ground feeding off the gravel and bumping into things. The make fish would attempt to chase the females, nudging their behind (like normal) but they's stop because they swam into a,plant or made contact with the glass. I don't see any spots, fin rot, or worms. No cuts or various bulges. No visible air pockets behind the eyes though it may look like their eyes could be puffy... (they don't look like any of the popeyed fish I googled.) they didn't react to fast movement coming at them through the glass. They ate when they found the food at the bottom of the tank. They released a few bubbles that rose to the surface, they found those thinking it was food after about an hour of leaving the light on for them. Haven't seen them poop yet...
11. Since when does your fish show these symptoms: just tonight.
12. How is the normal behaviour of your fish: they typically greet me when I enter the room, swimming into the front part of the tank, "feed me! Feed me! Feed me!" All excited. The swim around, roam the bottom for left overs and chase each other around the tank. Very active fish, happy looking fish.
13. How do the other fish behave: all the same. Happy and active; chasing and grazing the rocks. Now they all seem to be doing the same thing.
14. Post pics of the sick fish: sorry for the bad quality. The tank light is off and I had limited lighting.
15. Do you have a filter on your tank, what kind, how big (gallons per hour). Its a Cascade 150 for 35 gals. Pumped 150 g.p.h.
16. Do you provide extra aeration with an air pump and air stone/diffuser of some kind? Don't think so...