Weird bumps on goldfish
« on: April 30, 2015, 03:37:09 PM »
Hello, all! I'm new here, so I hope I'm doing this right...
1. How big is your tank: Gal / litres
2. For how long has the tank been set up:
3. How many fish:
4. What kind of fish:
The sick one is a globe-eyed, the others are oranda, pearlscale, and fantail
5. What are the water parameters: Ammonia - 0 ppm
Nitrite - 0 ppm
Nitrate - 15 ppm
pH - 7.0
Temp - 71 degrees Fahrenheit
6. How often do you perform water changes:
Recently started doing them twice a week
7. How big are your water changes: 25-30%
8. What kind of waterconditioner are you using:
API Proper pH 7.0
9. Do you add beneficial bacteria:
No (should I?)
10. Symptoms your fish is showing:
Bumps coming from left eye and top of head, dirty-looking spots on lens of left eye
11. Since when does your fish show these symptoms:
About a week
12. How is the normal behaviour of your fish:
Most of the time he just slowly swims around and digs in the sand
13. How do the other fish behave:
Nothing odd about their behavior, they also swim, eat, and dig in the sand
14. Post pics of the sick fish:
I thought a video would be a better choice to show the fish, so I uploaded a video here.
(Since new members can't post links, please remove the space between "." and "com"
15. Do you have a filter on your tank, what kind, how big (gallons per hour)
Two filters, AquaTech and Tetra 40-60 gal
16. Do you provide extra aeration with an air pump and air stone/diffuser of some kind.
Yes, two air stones
The bumps coming from his eye and head are not any odd color; they are the same color as he is because I think the problem is under his skin/internal. I don't know how to explain it well, but it looks like something is trying to push out from under his skin. As for the "dirty" spots, I thought they were just part of his color, but now I'm not too sure. It also sort of looks like his stomach and chest-area are starting to lose their round shape and sink inward.
I've been keeping goldfish for many years, and most of the time, I can tell what's wrong with them if they happen to get sick, and even if I can't, I can usually find out online. However, I have never seen anything like this before, and I can't find anything close to it online. I'm hoping you all can help me out; I love my fish, and I want to do anything I can to save him. Thank you so much!