I think you know how to treat, you're pretty resourceful. But anyway this is what we did when my sisters fish, recently had dropsy.
1) Raise the tank water to 80F
2) Add Epsoms salts 1/4 tsp per gallon of water
3) Added Marcyn II ..this worked the best. Gave two consecutive treatments according to pkg directions.
4) Feed Antibiotic medicatd food ONLY for 2 weeks. We used Jungle brand.
Fish made a full recovery and is still swimming happily!
Thank you ladies!
If I remembered right here's what my husband and I did and we followed Mindemae's advice.
1. We had the quarantine tank prepared by adding a 25% of tank water from the main tank.
2. We transferred the sick China Doll into the quarantine tank. Added the following in the quarantine tank water: Fungus Clear by Jungle according to package direction, 1 teaspoon of epsom salts, and 1 teaspoon of StressZyme. We raised the temperature to 78 degress.
3. We fed her Anti-Bacteria Medicated Fish Food by Jungle for two weeks. Every three days of the treatment we also fed her Anti-Parasite Medicated Fish Food by Jungle. We just felt like that it wouldn't hurt her to do that also.
4. After four days we changed 50% of the water ( according to package direction change 25%) but I decided to change more so I could get most of the poop out.
5.After the water change we did a second round of treatment by just following the package direction. Added 1 teaspoon of epsom salts and 1 teaspoon of StressZyme. Kept the water temperature at 78 degrees.
6. Four days later we did a 50% water change and added 1 teaspoon of epsom salts and 1 teaspoon of StressZyme.
7. We observed her for a week after the treatment and we didn't noticed any signs of Dropsy. Now she is a happy and healthy China Doll again.
Hanna: Please feel free to simplify this if you feel like.
I'm not good at writing diaries.