Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 12:53:58 AM
Home Search Search Login Register

+  Pet Goldfish - Aquarium Forum Community
|-+  Aquarium
| |-+  Health and Illness
| | |-+  I did make a mistake
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I did make a mistake  (Read 293 times)
kat
Newbie
*

Karma: 0
Posts: 1


I did make a mistake
« on: May 23, 2013, 08:58:38 PM »

I am taking care of our outdoor pond while my husband is out of town at work. He had completely spring cleaned the pond (we had 4 Koi and about 16 Goldfish), I am sure that I overdosed the pond a few weeks after the cleaning with the Tetra Algae Control and now I have fish dying. I went ahead and removed at least half the water again in the pond just last night and replaced with fresh to make sure the oxygen levels will improve, due to the Algae Control removing what was in it. The fish started to ralley around while the fresh water was being filled, but now I have another Koi that is really acting poorly. I took him out of the water and put him in a large container with all fresh water because he was rolling onto his back, but I do not know if that will work. Please help if anyone has had this happen to them! 
Logged
Skwishee
Sr. Member
****

Karma: 136
Posts: 1763



Re: I did make a mistake
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 03:56:04 PM »

I think first things first, the water needs to be tested. Does your husband have a water test kit at home you could use?
If not you should be able to take a water sample to an aquatic department in a shop or store to get tested.

You want to know what the Ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrate levels are.

Also when you say your husband completely spring cleaned the pond, does this include the filter? Do you know if he rinsed the media filter in old pond water or tap water?

Hope the fish are doing okay x
Logged
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  
Page created in 0.123 seconds with 18 queries.